Monday, April 25, 2011

Fruit Fast, I mean Feast. A lot can be said for semantics.

Ok, so I'm doing this fruit fast as a component of 40 Days to Personal Revolution by Baron Baptiste.  I won't elaborate, because I could go on an on.  Anyone who has talked to me in the last 5 months knows that I insert a yoga story whenever possible.  So, ask me if you wanna know more... I'll just get to the food of it.  Anyone who appreciates food knows that you eat food with your eyes before it even goes in your mouth.  In the case of grease dripping off pizza, that may not be the case... but I digress.  So, when head on with the idea of eating only fruit (which includes tomatoes, plantains, avocados, peppers, and other various disguised fruits), I had to be creative.  My first creation was a simple smoothie.  Frozen fruit (berries and mangoes), some juice, coconut milk, and fresh berries.  And here we goes...



I feel like I could scale a tall building after consuming this.  I'm really hoping I can fall asleep tonight.  I think that using frozen fruit (from the freezer section) makes for a much smoother smoothie than using ice.


I had an intention of making mango salsa, but it metamorphosed into a beautiful salad with mangoes, pineapple, red and green peppers, tomatoes, and jalapenos with a squeeze of lime.  The only thing that could have made it tastier is if I had got everything from the Farmer's market.  But meijer did just swell for this delayed spring fruit feast.


I call this, "Word to your Mama" avocado dip.  Lil' tomato, lil' smashed avocado, lil' lime, salt, and jalapeno.  I used the lovely Amber ZK's advice and ate with banana chips.  I would love this in absence of of the fast.

My lunchbag bursting at the seams.



I'm even ready for Wednesday.  I secretly love packing my lunches ahead of time.  I am as exciting a woman as I sound.


Aside form the blaring need for photography lessons from ARad and a better camera, you can see the power has shifted in the kitchen.  Keurig outlet replaced by blender-for-one and tea.  I'm pretty sure this sort of thing happens in nature as well.


<3 Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Your fruit salad and gauc look delicious...nice work...good luck with tha fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I want to eat your fruit salad! Wow, that sounds bad...

    ReplyDelete