Monday, April 18, 2011

Yogi-fied Sammie!

Although my mom and aunt have never done a yoga pose (at least an intentional one) in their lives, they sure fed me like one when I was a kid.  Talking about food and diet in my weekly "40 Days to Personal Revolution" meeting, I remembered my childhood love of brussel sprouts and sushi rolls.  The mantra we discussed was essentially eat what makes you feel good, and if a good old Pb&j makes you happy, make it with the best possible ingredients.  Kudos to the lovely Laura Burkett Holstine for putting it so simply aptly. I distinctly remember my aunt making me peanut butter, honey, and alfalfa sprout sandwiches.  After reminiscing about those sammies over some Thai with Aunt Debbie, I quickly ran to the store so I'd have it for lunch today. While making a sandwich isn't baking, it's lunchtime and I'd love to share my favorite, wholesome lunch with you. 

My favorite bread, honey, crunchy sprouts, natural PB, and some camouflaged bananas.


Frozen bread must be toasted...


Sprouts stick to the PB like modern art.


Honey not only gives a subtle sweetness, but it helps the bananas stick!  Not to mention, my complete lack of photographic prowess is most evident here.

I thought some banana would bring this up a notch. I am a grown up, you know.


Oops!  Couldn't resist taking a bit before the last shot :)


I also planned ahead and made one for my lunch tomorrow.

I may be completely alone in my LOVE for alfalfa sprouts and PB in harmony, and that's okay.

Namaste :)

Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Cute. I'm gonna try it! Prolly healthier than my fried bologna and egg. But then again, whatever makes you hum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of sprouts with peanut butter! Glad to hear I'm not alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not wait to make this! And i love the wrap-n-mats too! great idea! gotta get one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm willing to try anything (healthly) once..

    ReplyDelete